2020 Iron Horse Golf Information
Phase 2 Golf Tee Time & Play Guidelines
Our goal is to provide every service and amenity you are accustomed to at Iron Horse. During this COVID-19 pandemic, the following guidelines and practices will be implemented to be congruent with health directives:
While we normally embrace members having the option to play with or without tee times, in order to maintain social distancing and ensure we can adequately accommodate members, we ask you do make tee times at this time. The following adjustments will be made for those times:
- Through May 31, tee times have been made up to 2 weeks in advance
- Beginning at 8am June 1, members may schedule tee times for June – October 15 as they wish
- As of June 1, tee times will be scheduled in 12-minute intervals (normal schedule)
- Guests will be precluded from using club facilities until July 1
- The 1st tee time each day will be 7am
- All play will commence from the 1st tee unless directed by a golf professional
- All member privileges/rules will remain the same. For example, in May and June, a Primary Member must host groups before 11am
- Caddie service is available upon request. Caddies will provide “advice-only” forecaddie services
- The valet team will bring to-go food/beverage orders to vehicles as they arrive and provide information to our members throughout the day.
- To avoid any contamination, our usual valet services will not be available. This includes car parking and car washes. Our team can now handle your golf bags for you.
Cart Usage and Club Storage
- Players can ride 2 players per cart
- During this time, we kindly ask our members who own private carts registered for golf to use them, so we can ensure we have sufficient club carts available
- Carts will be available in the usual cart staging area
- Carts will be sanitized with COVID-19-specific disinfectant before and after your use
- The staff will retrieve your clubs from the club storage room and place them on your cart
- Please let us know any additional items we can provide for you in your cart prior to play
- Open from 7am – 8pm daily
- Stations will be spread farther apart than normal to aid in social distancing
- A golf professional will meet members at the 1st tee and coordinate all play
- Please maintain proper social distancing within your group, including tee boxes & greens
- Please keep the flagstick in the hole at all times
- Please smooth bunker footprints/divots with your foot or club as bunker rakes are not provided at this time
- A foam insert is in each hole so a ball can be ‘holed’ and facilitate safe removal
- Please return your cart to the cart staging area
- Please help us to remove the trash in your cart to avoid cross-contamination from your personally consumed items
- Carts will be sanitized with COVID-19-specific disinfectant after your use
- To post scores to the handicap option, please use one of the following options:
- Post on your phone using the MSGA App
- Please leave a clearly written scorecard with player name(s), tees played, and scores in the designated area for our professionals to post on your behalf
- To store your clubs here, please leave them on the cart and our staff will safely handle.
Golf Shop Merchandise
- Our merchandise offerings are all available to you each day from 7am – 8pm
- All club tournaments (with 2 exceptions) will occur on the dates scheduled, with in-tournament precautions for COVID. Further details on each event are forthcoming.
- For 2020 The Roundup (Men’s Member Guest) and Horse Out of The Barn have been canceled
- Our weekly playdays (i.e. Ladies’ Day on Wednesdays, Men’s Choose Up on Tuesdays & Saturdays) will be played as scheduled at the following times:
- 10am: May 23 – June 17
- 9am: June 20 – September 5
- 10am: September 8 – 16
As we receive updated health directives, which hopefully lead to Phase 3 of the reopening plan, we will update and communicate these guidelines accordingly.
We look forward to providing you with a safe and fun 2020 golf season at Iron Horse Golf Club. Please contact any of our golf team or me with anything we can help you with.