Position: Outside Services (seasonal)
Department: Golf Operations (020)
Reports to: Head Golf Pro, Director of Golf, Assistant Golf Pro
Assist in player service of the golf membership and golf-related business.
Provides valet services for the membership and staffs the practice facility.
Supervises: no others
Related Titles: Valet, Golf Services, Range Attendant
Previous guest service experience preferred
Previous golfing experience preferred
Possession of a valid driver’s license.
Satisfactory driving record in accordance with liability insurance guidelines.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Spread hospitality, happiness, goodwill, and customer service to all Iron Horse members and their guest.
- Staging of golf carts daily.
- Daily set up of the Practice Facility.
- Maintain a safe and clean cart barn.
- Daily up keep of the bag storage.
- Informs the golf staff when supplies need to be ordered.
- Assist with receiving, storing and stocking supplies as necessary.
- Responsible for the Valet Service for club membership and guests.
- Operates golf carts and equipment in a safe and professional manner.
- Responsible for towel laundry on a daily basis.
- Maintain neat and clean work clothes when on property.
- Assist with pace of play.
- Assist with tournament set-up
- Performs additional tasks as assigned.
- Represent Iron Horse Golf Club on and off property in a positive manner.
While working, the employee must be able to twist, stoop/bend, squat, kneel, crawl, climb stairs, walk indoors and outdoors, lift 50+ lbs*, carry 50+ lbs*, push or pull 50+ lbs*, reach above shoulder, reach at shoulder, and reach below shoulder.
Employee time spent:
Walking – 65% Sitting – 10% Standing – 25% Indoors – 15% Outdoors – 85%
* Must be capable of lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling boxes weighing up to 30 lbs infrequently during the day over a of up to 20-25 feet. Another staff member should assist with all things in excess of 50 lbs that are lifted or carried. All staff will use the proper lifting guidelines and techniques.
Equipment, Machinery, Tools, Vehicles, used on the Job
- Golf Carts
- Range Picker
- Assorted hand tools, (hammer, screwdriver, etc.)
- Box Opener
- Member’s Private Vehicles
– Adhere to safety policies and practices.
– Participate in on-going safety training.
– Driving company or personal vehicles on public roadways is a part of this job. Being hired into this position will require verification of a valid driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record. Once hired; you will be responsible for maintaining a valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record.
Iron Horse Golf Club is an independent entity positioned as a high-end, equity, golf club that caters to an elite group of members and their guests.