Position: Men’s Lounge and Fitness Room Attendant (Seasonal)
Department: Spa & Fitness (070)
Reports to: Men’s Locker Room Manager, Locker Rooms & Fitness Manager
Attendants are to ensure the highest level of personal service is provided to the members/guests of Iron Horse Golf Club in a gracious and professional manner. Includes set up, service and breakdown of bar, breakfast/coffee service, washroom, wet areas, fitness room and locker room while maintaining the highest standard of presentation and cleanliness.
Supervises: no others
Related Titles: none
Previous guest service experience required
Familiarity with computer operations (POS)
Prefer 18 yrs of age to facilitate alcoholic beverage service
Previous bartending and food handling/service experience preferred
Pass a background check (post offer, pre-hire)
Valid driver’s license
First Aid/CPR/AED certification
TIPS certification required within 3 months
Duties and Responsibilities
- Complete locker room and fitness area opening set-up checklist
- Restock supplies in fitness area, wet area and lounge room as needed.
- Assist with maintaining schedule for all massages.
- Ensure safety and security of all members’ and guests’ and their personal property.
- Maintain inventory for all supplies.
- Perform personal services for member/guest golf and dress shoes.
- Assist with dry cleaning and laundry services for members.
- Provide lockers, towels, robes, etc., to members and guests as needed.
- Send food and drink out to golf course as requested.
- Keep men’s locker room and fitness center neat and clean including bar and refrigerator, coffee service, tables, chairs, serving tables, carpets and fitness equipment.
- Wash all dishes and bar ware as necessary.
- Breakdown breakfast service and set-up soup service at scheduled time.
- Empty trash as necessary
- Record all sales for food, beverages, personnel trainers, massages, dry cleaning etc., in the Jonas POS system.
- Continuously straighten, pickup, and restock washroom/wet area and fitness area.
- Check steam room and hot tub for proper operation as scheduled.
- Take and deliver phone messages, facsimiles, and mail for members and guests.
- Transport used towels upstairs to laundry pick-up area and restock towels as necessary.
- Fold wash cloths as needed.
- Answer incoming calls and questions regarding all aspects of the Iron Horse Club and facilities.
- Complete closing locker room and fitness area closing check list at end of day
- Complete other duties and tasks as assigned by management.
- Contact facility maintenance for mechanical or repair problems.
- Contact appropriate management team member(s) in case of emergency.
While working the employee must twist, stoop/bend, squat, kneel, crawl, climb stairs and ladders, walk indoors and out, work at heights, lift 50+ lbs, carry 50+ lbs, reach over shoulder height, reach at shoulder height, and reach below shoulder height.
Employee’s Time spent:
Walking: 50% Sitting: 10% Standing: 30% Lifting: 10%
Indoors: 95% Outdoors: 5%
Equipment, Machinery, Tools, etc., Used on the Job
- Coffee Maker
- Food Warmers
- Fax machine & copier
- Kitchen knives
- Shoe Buffer
- Golf Cart (intermittently)
Adhere to safety policies and practices.
Participate in on-going safety training.
Iron Horse Golf Club is an independent entity positioned as a high-end, equity, golf club that caters to an elite group of members and their guests.