Position: Golf Course Groundskeeper (seasonal)
Department: Golf Course Maintenance (030)
Reports to: Golf Course Superintendent, Assistant GC Superintendent
Groundskeepers, under the supervision of management staff perform routine manual labor involved in golf course maintenance. This includes, but is not restricted to semi-skilled grounds construction and maintenance work; operate small hand-powered equipment; and intermittently perform work involving large equipment such as tractors, loaders and riding mowers.
Supervises: no others
Related Titles: n/a
Previous landscaping experience preferred
Previous heavy equipment operating experience preferred
Possess a valid driver’s license
Satisfactory driving record in accordance with liability insurance guidelines
Duties and Responsibilities
- Operates walk mowers, hover mowers, riding mowers and reciprocating trimmers on golf course property
- Rakes and maintains sand bunkers
- Performs various cultural practices required for the maintenance of turf; operates sod cutter and various other equipment as directed
- It may be necessary to operate the backhoe/loader and utility tractors with the associated implements
- It may be necessary to operate a chainsaw and pole pruner in a safe manner
- Maintains fuel levels daily and checks fluid levels for all types equipment on a daily basis
- Cleans equipment daily and reports equipment problems or failure to the Equipment Manager immediately
- Return all equipment to the designated location at the maintenance facility
- Sets tee markers and cups on greens daily; maintains ball washers; replaces tee towels and flags as needed
- Water and fertilizes tees, greens and other turf areas under supervision of management staff
- Routinely directs golf cart traffic with use of various golf course signage
- Helps in project work; assists in the construction of new greens, tees and fairways; grades and prepares soil base; lays sod and seeds tees, greens and fairways
- Installs forms and lays walks and paths using flagstone, gravel and asphalt
- Excavate and backfills ditches and trenches with hand tools
- Assists in the repairs on irrigation systems
- Pickup trash and debris on golf course and in the maintenance facility
- Performs other duties as directed by his/her supervisor
While working, the employee must be able to twist, stoop/bend, squat, kneel, climb stairs and ladders, walk indoors and out, work at heights, reach above shoulder, reach at shoulder, and reach below shoulder. The employee must be able to lift and carry 50+ lbs regularly/ repeatedly and push/pull 200+ lbs occasionally with the assistance of others. Must be able to walk at a steady pace for up to 30 minutes at a time.
Employee Time Spent:
Standing – 20 Sitting – 50% Walking – 30%
Indoors – 5% Outdoors – 95% (for extended periods of time, in varying climatic conditions)
Equipment, Machinery, Tools, Vehicles etc., used on the job:
- Assorted landscaping hand tools
- Power trimmers/blowers
- HD riding lawn mowers
- Mechanized sweepers
- Utility tractors
- Golf/utility carts
– Adhere to safety policies and practices.
– Participate in on-going safety training.
– Driving company or personal vehicles on public roadways is a part of this job. Being hired into this position will require verification of a valid driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record. Once hired; you will be responsible for maintaining a valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record.
Iron Horse Golf Club is an independent entity positioned as a high-end, equity, golf club that caters to an elite group of members and their guests.