Position: Marina Instructor/Coach (seasonal)
Department: Iron Horse Marina Services (110)
Reports to: Marina Manager or Supervisor
Provides a professional level of instruction in the various water activities (wake boarding, water skiing, wake surfing) as requested by members or guests.
Perform all duties and services required of marina personnel in a safe, courteous, efficient and professional manner at all times.
Supervises: no others
Related Titles: Marina attendant
Experience with water sports activities, coaching water sports and power boat operation
Demonstrate the highest level of professional courtesy and communication ability
Demonstrate ability in organizational skills
First Aid/CPR certification preferred
Acceptable background check investigation
Possess a valid driver’s license
Satisfactory driving record in accordance with liability insurance guidelines
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervises marina coaches and assigns lessons as determined by reservation list
- Instructs the member or guests in various water activities in a courteous and professional manner
- Takes on driver duties for the various marina watercraft as scheduled
- Provides assistance to members and guests in getting underway and mooring the club’s and member’s boats at the marina
- Ensures the daily log is maintained for all water activity instruction and watercraft rental provided throughout the day.
- Assists with all services available in the normal operation of the marina according to procedures prescribed by the Marina Manager including boat washes, fueling of boats, delivery of food, beverages and other merchandise
- Assists with answering phone and scheduling reservations for various watercraft
- Provide operational orientation for members and guest on the safe operation of the watercraft
- Ensure the marina is maintained in a neat, clean and orderly condition at all times
While working the employee must twist, stoop/bend, squat, swim, kneel, push 25-50 lbs., lift up to 50 lbs., reach over shoulder height, reach at shoulder height, reach below shoulder height, and carry up to 50 lbs. Prolonged exposure to sunlight is common in this position.
Employee’s time spent:
- Sitting 20% 2. Standing 20% 3. Walking 60%
Equipment, Machinery, Tools, Vehicles used on the job:
- Power ski boat
- Pontoon boat
- Personal watercraft
- Company vehicles
– Adhere to safety policies and practices.
– Participate in on-going safety training.
– Driving company or personal vehicles on public roadways is a part of this job. Being hired into this position will require verification of a valid driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record. Once hired; you will be responsible for maintaining a valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record.
Iron Horse Golf Club is an independent entity positioned as a high-end, equity, golf club that caters to an elite group of members and their guests.